The front page of your webshop is typically where you either retain or lose your visitors. Here's your guide to design a front page that drives conversions.
Starting from the top, you roughly need to divide the front page of your eCommerce store into 3 sections:
- The front page banner attracting attention
- The personal product recommendations peaking interest
- The best offers and most popular products making the final, wide appeal
1. Add a banner that attracts attention
Your front page is basically like that of a magazine.
You need to quickly attract the attention of your visitors to keep them on your webshop.
A great way to achieve this is by inserting a banner that immediately catches your visitors' eyes - both visually and in terms of message.
Your banner can focus on many aspects. It really depends on your style of business. Here are a few suggestions:
1. New, cool additions to your webshop.
2. Irresistible offers.
3. Banners promoting a specific product series or your webshop in general.
4. Give-aways (free gifts gives your visitors a great incentive to stay on your webshop instead of taking their business elsewhere).
2. Insert personal product recommendations
Next, you need to appeal to visitors' individual interests and needs.
You do this by inserting personal product recommendations that show your visitors that you pay attention to what they want.
An important thing to remember here is to create headlines for your product-sliders that engage with your visitors - a great headline can make a world of difference when you want to appeal to your visitors. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Our special picks for you
2. Our recommendations for you
3. We thought you might like
4. We found these products for you
3. Use most popular products and best offers
Lastly, you should appeal to your visitors by displaying the most popular products and best offers of your webshop.
You might say that this is the 'Hail Mary' part of your front page, but 70% of online shoppers are actually influenced by the opinion of peers.
There are a number of different sliders to include here, such as:
1. Best offers
2. Trending products
3. Most popular products
4. Other customers are looking at
These are your 3 steps to designing a front page that converts your visitors into customers.
If you're interested in reading about this in detail and seeing more best practices, then be sure to check out our blog post If your front page were a magazine cover.